Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Enchanting London



My recent trip to London got me super excited thinking about different blog posts to share with you... I didn't have time to put this together until now (my apologies to all UK friends that were waiting for this recap), and today is a great opportunity to tell you everything about it.
What a beautiful city London is... All my childhood dreams (I always wanted to be here) came through when I visited their streets, museums and I have to confess... many shops :) It is impossible not to be enchanted with the whole tradition that emerges in each of their products, from furniture to clothing and home decor. Oh... it seems that home decor stores are not of this world ... they take us back to an era of elegance and unique beauty! I walked, and walked and walked until my legs collapsed :)


Seven days only left us thinking the best way to organize the places we wanted to go and how to make the best of it. Since this trip was inspirational for my new lines, Walter was ready to go with my plan to help me see and photograph the most I could!
The first day we went to Notting Hill, filled with flea markets, trendy art galleries, Portobello Road and so many boutiques! We just wandered the streets to be surprised a lot! I would love to bring back a little bit of everything I saw there...
This amazing turquoise color left me wanting to use it throughout my home...
So very vintage...

Traditional British china was everywhere! I wanted to buy every piece, but then I thought it was too risky to bring them back :( So I took many pictures just in case because I was so inspired with these wonderful floral designs. And oh... the birds!
There was a thrift jewelry shop where the vintage pieces didn't seem ever to end. Walls and walls were filled with exquisite necklaces, rings... I couldn't stop thinking who would have used these pieces in the past.
This lovely boutique got me window shopping for a long time, I couldn't get enough with all the shabby chick style. They make every window looks like a inspiration board! How about this style if you plan to update your sewing room?
Couldn't do anything other than to stay like I was bewitched looking and looking..
Pure beauty everywhere <3
I LOVE the mustard bag and everything around it, lol!
The famous Zara Home, where I could see amazing textiles put together to tell a mesmerizing story of flowers and color!
Are you inspired as I was? I hope you can use these images to motivate you on your next sewing project or help you get ideas to decorate a corner of your home!
I took so many pictures that I could not possibly share them all here, but I think there are many that deserve a second post, as my visit to Liberty of London (they are to dye for!) and the classes I gave at a quilt shop which you will fall in love with: Quilters Haven!
So see you soon, Pat
Mi reciente viaje a Londres me hizo pensar súper emocionada acerca de las diferentes entradas de blog para compartir con ustedes ... No tuve tiempo de poner esto juntos hasta ahora (mis disculpas a todos los amigos del Reino Unido que se espera para este resumen), y hoy es una gran oportunidad para decirle todo sobre él.

¡Qué hermosa ciudad de Londres es ... Todos mis sueños de infancia (que siempre he querido estar aquí) llegó a través de cuando visité sus calles, museos y tengo que confesar ... muchas tiendas :) Es imposible no sentirse encantado con toda la tradición que surge en cada uno de sus productos, desde muebles a ropa y decoración del hogar. Oh ... parece que las tiendas de decoración para el hogar que no son de este mundo ... nos llevan a una época de elegancia y belleza única! Caminé y caminé y caminé hasta que mis piernas se derrumbó :)

Siete días solamente nos dejó pensando en la mejor manera de organizar los lugares que queríamos ir y cómo sacar lo mejor de él. Dado que este viaje fue una inspiración para mis nuevas líneas, Walter estaba dispuesto a ir con mi plan para ayudarme a ver y fotografiar lo más que pude!
El primer día nos fuimos a Notting Hill, llena de mercadillos, galerías de arte, moda y boutiques de Portobello Road tantos! Nosotros sólo recorriendo las calles para ser sorprendido mucho! Me gustaría traer un poco de todo lo que vi allí ...

Este color turquesa increíble me dejó con ganas de utilizar lo largo de mi casa ...

Así que es muy vintage ...

Tradicional china británico estaba en todas partes! Quería comprar cada pieza, pero luego pensé que era demasiado arriesgado para traerlos de vuelta: (Así que tomé muchas fotos por si acaso porque estaba tan inspirado con estos maravillosos diseños florales y oh ... los pájaros.!

Había una tienda de joyas de segunda mano donde las piezas de época no parecía nunca terminar. Las paredes y los muros estaban llenos de exquisitos collares, anillos ... Yo no podía dejar de pensar que habría utilizado estas piezas en el pasado.

Este hotel boutique encantador me hizo compras de la ventana durante mucho tiempo, yo no tenía suficiente con todo el estilo shabby chick. Hacen que cada ventana se parece a un tablero de inspiración! ¿Qué hay de este estilo si va a actualizar su cuarto de costura?

No podía hacer otra cosa que permanecer como si estuviera hechizada mirando y mirando .. Pura belleza en todas partes <3

Me encanta el bolso mostaza y todo a su alrededor, jeje!

La famosa Zara Home, donde pude ver textiles increíbles juntos para contar una historia fascinante de flores y color!

¿Está inspirada como yo? Espero que puedan utilizar estas imágenes para motivarte en tu próximo proyecto de costura o ayudarle a obtener ideas para decorar un rincón de tu casa!

Tomé muchas fotos que yo no podría compartir a todos aquí, pero creo que hay muchas que merecen un segundo post, como mi visita a Liberty of London (son para morirse!) Y las clases que di en una negocio que usted caerá en amor con: Quilters Haven!

Hasta pronto, Pat





No comments:

Post a Comment

10