Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Quick Christmas Tree Ornaments DIY Ideas



Like I promised you lovelies, some quick little Christmas Tree ornaments for the holidays. I realized how perfectly well Heartland Fabrics matches with my Pink Theme Christmas. So I decided to create these adorable tree ornaments that lots of you loved! These are so easy to make and it will take you less than an hour. 

Raw Edge Christmas Tree

For this tree, we are going to place 2 1/2'' by 20'' strips of fabrics as shown below. I used 8 strips of fabrics from Heartland Fabrics in this order:
HRT-85303
HRT-85305
HRT-95300
HRT-95308
HRT-85306
HRT-85304
HRT-95309
HRT-85300

Stitched them with a 1/4'' seam allowance. 
      

Once the stitching is completed, go ahead and cut 2'' vertical strips as show below.



Now we have to stitch the pieces together with a 1/4'' seam allowance. 



Now, we will have a piece looking like this one.



It is time to cut the Christmas Tree shape (triangle)



Due to the way that the triangles are cut, you will have two different trees combinations. Now, use steam a seam to attached a backing to your ornament. In my case, I used  DEN-L-4000. Later, with a seam ripper, I started fringing the edges for a more raw look.



And voila! Your first set of Christmas Trees is completed


Christmas Tree Cupcake Topper

We follow the same procedure from the last Christmas Tree. Only this time making 1 1/2'' by 20'' strips from the following fabrics:

HRT-85303
HRT-95304
HRT-85308
HRT-95300
HRT-85305   


Stitch them together with a 1/4'' seam allowance  and start cutting the Christmas Tree triangular shapes.


 Once they are cut, you will have two different triangles. For this Christmas Trees, get two triangles that fabric combination match, place them right side of the fabric facing each other and stitch around with 1/8'' seam allowance. Don't forget to leave the bottom part open, that way you can turn the tree around. Iron press the bottom part with a 1/8'' seam allowance and hand stitch close the bottom.


And you are done, these trees are so easy and quick to make and will be a perfect new addition to your Christmas dinner table.


  Lots of you had been asking me about this little tree that I made and posted on my Instagram account. I made this beauty with some of my Renaissance Ribbons of Etno Fabrics and just tied them up around the branch and cut them in order to acquire a pin tree shape. The reason why the ribbons are lay flat, it is because I iron press them and used a little bit of starch.

 

 This tree can also be a lovely cupcake topper! Thanks for reading lovelies and I hope this cute DIY ideas can give you a last minute ideas of how to decorate for Christmas!!


xoxo


Pat B.

2 comments:

  1. Your Heartland trees are beautiful! I love all the colors and designs in the line.

    ReplyDelete

10