Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Boho Dress Pattern

Hello! How has everyone been?

I want to share with you my very first CLOTHING PATTERN! It's called the Boho Dress and I couldn't be more thrilled about it.

Bohos7

There is a sewing trend that I perceive is growing bigger and bigger, and it's definitely planning to stay for a while... I also have been noticing that there are so many quilters that didn't sew at all in their lives but want to start now. The emails with requests I receive are more or less like these: Can you make a pattern that is simple to follow? Or... Can you do an easy and forgiving dress pattern? What about a nice skirt that I can complete in an afternoon... without knowing how to sew!  WOW!! These are exciting requests!

So I sat down to think. I went through fashion magazines. I teared pages from those magazines. I put them up on my inspiration board. I sketched. And then sat down to think a little bit more. My desire was a dress that could be both functional and easy to sew, without losing its style. The Boho Dress is the result!

As you can see, there are two options to this dress: option A is a short, sleeveless sundress to wear alone or with leggings.

Boho_orange
Boho_orange3

And option B has a longer hemline and features long tulip sleeves.

Boho_rosa5
Boho_rosa10

See? Totally different styles but all in one pattern!

But this is not all.

Lately I've been seeing this sewing trend specially among the younger crowd; it's really amazing to see how young these girls are, and I think it's great that they are dusting off their mom's sewing machines and learning how to make their own stuff. They want to learn. They want to do it. They want cool, quick and stylish. It is also exciting that quilt shops are really happy to see a newer generation visiting their stores and shopping!

So I thought, what would be the best way for them to learn? We all know there's nothing better than a class; having a real person by our side teaching us step by step how to follow the instructions and such is priceless! But not everyone has the time to attend classes; specially college students or young mommys, with their fast-paced lifestyle and crazy schedules, there's really little time to fit a sewing class in there.

Plus, we're talking about girls who didn't have the chance to take home economic classes like a lot of us did, so they might find themselves in the situation of buying a pattern, getting home, start reading, and be like... "WHAT??!! I don't understand!!"

Some of you may be reading this and nodding your head and be like"YES! THAT'S ME!" So I have great news for you: I'll be your teacher! I'll be with you step by step, explaining you all the basic terminology, telling and showing what to do (and what not to do), so you'll end up with a fabulous, error-free dress in no time!

Now some of you might be thinking... "Okay... so... exactly how are you planning to do that?"

Well the answer is: DVD! Yes, the Boho Dress pattern comes in a DVD format, in which you'll be able to follow me by playing it on your TV or computer, and watching me making both options of the dress, step by step, in real time.

How does that sound?


All throughout the DVD there are super detailed graphics, definitions, and close-ups to help you truly understand and learn how to make the dresses; plus, the DVD comes with the one sided, printed real size paper templates, so you just basically have to pop in the DVD, have your fabric, thread and sewing machine ready and you're good to go!


But enough about me talking about it! Here's a little preview of the video so you can get the feel of it.


Are you ready to make your Boho Dress? You can visit your local quilt shop or order online.

See you in my sewing room!

Love,

3 comments:

  1. Thank you SO SO SO much! I'm learning how to quilt...I've only done some tops so far...but I *REALLY* want to learn how to sew cute/vintage dresses! I have some Rock 'n Romance, and I love it so much! This would be perfect for it! The fabric is so beautiful and soft! I can't wait to get my DVD. THank you so so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh Karrie, you are too sweet! I really hope you enjoy the Boho Dress pattern. You can do so many things with it! Be sure to share your Rock 'n Romance Boho dress with me on my Instagram (@patbravodesign) or my Flickr group (http://www.flickr.com/groups/sewpatbravo)! THANK YOU :)

      Delete
  2. This type of message always inspiring and I prefer to read quality content, so happy to find good place to many here in the post, the writing is just great, thanks for the post. boho fashion

    ReplyDelete

10