Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Trending with black & white stripes + florals

Hello lovelies!

You know, I'm always amazed at what you guys create with my fabrics. I was simply blown away when Jess, of The Sewing Rabbit, sent me her stripes and floral Fashion Star M6553 dress.


She combined a black and white striped dress with a floral bib using Brit Boutique Royal from my Carnaby Street collection!

Jess said that she was inspired by my Instagram photo of my pillows in my studio. I used a thick black and white stripe fabric and appliqué flowers from my Summerlove collection.


What a coincidence that black & white stripes paired with florals is trending right now! Bright blooms mixed with mod black and white stripes are a fresh take on mixing patterns. I'm big on mixing patterns and I just love the trend.

How will you use the black & white stripes floral trend? Comment below!

Happy sewing,


 

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous!! That bib is such a great idea and looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I had so much fun making it, and am hoping to wear it for you to Sewing Summit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be great Jessica! Can't wait to meet you at Sewing Summit!

      Delete

10