Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Trending with black & white stripes + florals

Hello lovelies!

You know, I'm always amazed at what you guys create with my fabrics. I was simply blown away when Jess, of The Sewing Rabbit, sent me her stripes and floral Fashion Star M6553 dress.


She combined a black and white striped dress with a floral bib using Brit Boutique Royal from my Carnaby Street collection!

Jess said that she was inspired by my Instagram photo of my pillows in my studio. I used a thick black and white stripe fabric and appliqué flowers from my Summerlove collection.


What a coincidence that black & white stripes paired with florals is trending right now! Bright blooms mixed with mod black and white stripes are a fresh take on mixing patterns. I'm big on mixing patterns and I just love the trend.

How will you use the black & white stripes floral trend? Comment below!

Happy sewing,


 

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous!! That bib is such a great idea and looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I had so much fun making it, and am hoping to wear it for you to Sewing Summit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be great Jessica! Can't wait to meet you at Sewing Summit!

      Delete
  3. The fabric print is really beautiful! The dress is very nice and the fit is perfect, like all the things you make. You look great!

    Silk Chiffon Fabric NYC
    Silk Organza Fabric NYC

    ReplyDelete

10