Wednesday, October 9, 2013

books that inspire : COLOR

Hello lovelies!

I've been super duper busy preparing for Quilt Market in a few weeks. There are so many things that need to be done! I hope you've been following me on Instagram to get a sneak peek of all of the projects that I've been working on. I've been so wrapped up into quilting and painting that I've haven't been on social media much. But I wanted to do a blog post today!

Everybody knows that I love color! Color inspires me to design. There are many great books on color theory and you can refer to them any time!


Here are some color books that I shared at Sewing Summit. I consider them to be the best of the best when it comes to looking for a color palette for your new collection!

The Color Scheme Bible
COLOR SCHEME BIBLE
This in my opinion is the best book for color stories available. It is divided by a single color, which, in its own category, is divided by shades. For each color scheme you have a selection eight colors and they already come named to further inspiration.

Neutral Color Schemes
NEUTRAL COLOR SCHEME
This book is the same as the Color Scheme Bible, except it focuses on neutral color schemes and involves less colors.

COLOR YOUR HOME
Each color in this is schemed by temperature: blue-vivid, blue-earthy, blue-rich, and so on. The color groups are small with only three in a group. It's a great color starter, but you may have to add in some other colors.

COLOR HARMONY
This is a great book that has a special section on trends. Color groups are visualized by moods. For example, you will find powerful, rich, romantic, vital, mellow. Each mood is subdivided by harmonies, complementary, etc.

Although each book is for home interiors, they are great sources of color inspiration for any aspect of design or otherwise. These are my go-to books when I'm looking for those interesting color combinations and just need to get that color motivation going. I don't get tired looking at these books!

Happy reading!

2 comments:

10