Friday, January 29, 2016

My inspiration behind Carved Quilt


Hello everyone and happy Friday ☼


For a while now, I wanted to share with you my inspiration behind Carved Quilt.  Lots of people have inquired about it and I think is better to do a blog post, which also gives me the opportunity to share some images. Creating “Carved" was such a fun experience! I think it was the first quilt I designed right after I finished designing my Artisan line. Cross motives were super trendy and some of the inspiration I had when creating the fabric line. By that time I was making quilts to display on my booth at International Quilt Market and I thought it would be great to do something special. The idea of a giant cross came to mind and it was great to start playing with the design and the fabrics. This beauty was center stage at my booth along with other quilts, I cannot be thankful enough for all the complements I had!



For me, Artisan is a celebration of the unstyled and the expression of the maker's heart. Therefore, I wanted to create a quilt that reflected the handcraft look we all love; I wanted  Carved to be iconic. The particular placement of the small fabric squares truly made Carved more exciting as I kept working on it. Constructing the top wasn’t as hard as it looks, only time consuming, due to all the cutting. But trust me, it is so worth it and hope you think the same. 



I am so happy that Carved, now cleverly renamed “Grand Total” (I just adore that name) will take part of the quilt along “It all Adds Up” in the American Patchwork and Quilting Magazine which will feature four other pretty projects with one theme in common……plus- sings! The April issue will hit shelves Feb. 2nd, make sure to grab yours and be a part of this outstanding quilt along!



xoxo,

Pat

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. It's a work of art

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this picture on Pinterest and fell in love with this quilt and the decor! Congratulations! I am going to follow your blog. Greetings from Greece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine,thank you for your sweet words♥♥ Stay tuned for more interesting content on the blog :)

      Delete
  3. I made your quilt and loved it. I gave it as a gift to my sister and her husband for their 50th. It was worth every hour I worked on it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice article and informative for me and my website. black tarpaulin

    ReplyDelete

10